Buying Guide for Job Jackets and Other Accessories
Big Blueprint Hanger’s storage system helps companies who must deal with large quantities of oversized documents make the most out of limited storage space. By preventing an uncoordinated pile-up of papers in workspaces and storage rooms, businesses ensure a pleasing environment for both the workers and visitors who come to call.
Using our ground-breaking equipment based on extremely sturdy steel racks, municipalities, design firms or construction companies can store more sheets at half the cost of other clamp systems. If you consider that one hanger holds up to 120 sheets and a 24” rack holds up to 20 hangers, you get an attractive storage solution in only 24” of space that can hold more than 2400 sheets.
Often small and easy to overlook compared to our hanging racks, a few accessories complete our system. In this article, we intend to highlight how these tools, including our job jackets, hangers, and extenders, help you get the most out of your racks. We’ll also make mention of their proper care for long-lasting service. Like most of us know, what makes maintenance worth the trouble is doing it consistently instead of waiting for when things go wrong.
Big Blueprint Hanger Is Your One-Stop-Shop
If you are in the business of blueprints, artwork, maps, or any other oversized sheets, we have everything you’ll need. We aim to save you time and money as you make your purchasing decisions, right down to when you use our products for your day-to-day needs.
The benefits of using any of our hanging racks and cabinets have already been discussed in other articles, but the goal for our accessories is to help you get the most out of your storage system in the following ways:
- Labeling: Your sheets and job jackets are easy to identify saving you time and reducing stress.
- Automation: Fosters organizational culture and contributes to workflow process efficiency when different categories of sheets have their place.
- Customization: Our equipment and accessories offer flexibility for users to customize according to their unique situation.
- Scaling: Extenders allow your storage system to grow as your needs will inevitably grow after making your rack purchase(s).
- Avoid duplication: When it is difficult to pinpoint the exact location of a document, employees repeating their own previous efforts or those of others becomes the order of the day.
Maintenance Tips for Your Blueprint Storage Accessories
First and foremost, using a storage solution or accessory for its intended purpose is essential in creating a storage system that works and will last. Normal wear and tear after prolonged use is natural. However, with proper care and maintenance, our products, which are manufactured to the highest quality, will give you the long-lasting service they are capable of.
Secondly, it may not be practical or even possible to deep clean every accessory that forms part of your storage system (e.g., casters, hangers, job jackets), every 3-6 months like we recommend for our cabinets. Nevertheless, upholding the cleanliness of the room where these tools are directly affects their cleanliness status, not to mention the health of workers.
As a guide, whenever an item is used, a quick spot check for defects followed by reporting when necessary helps prolong the service life of the item. That way, it can be fixed before it deteriorates and causes damage to connected equipment or stored sheets. Faulty casters, for instance, can cause more damage to the racks or tables they help transport.
Finally, we recommend Dust-Wipe-Wash for Big Blueprint Hanger accessories following the general steps below:
1. Vacuum the entire room to pick up dust and debris, not forgetting the insides of cabinets. A handheld vacuum with a hose and brush attachment can make it easier to get around the corners and across the length of racks.
2. Dust down with a specialty duster or microfiber cloth for on-the-go cleaning (avoiding feathers which simply throw dust around).
3. Clean away dirt and visible streaks with a soft cloth dampened slightly in warm and mild soapy water. Dishwashing liquid is sufficient.
4. Release any stored sheets whenever a finer clean is required to remove stubborn grime. When needed, use gentle motions with a fine steel wool pad to remove rust from metal accessories.
5. Finish off by wiping down with a dry microfiber cloth. Only transfer documents when hangers or extenders are completely dry.
By following a consistent maintenance routine, your equipment and accessories will enjoy a long service life while keeping their original appearance for maximum returns on your investment.
To help you discover how to improve the efficiency of your storage equipment and help you utilize your available space, below are our popular accessories and their uses. Any peculiar maintenance requirements to be mindful of apart from Dust-Wipe-Wash will be noted.
Blueprint hangers make it easy to move oversized documents and quickly identify them compared to when they are stuffed in a roll. They also keep documents airy. One metal hanger can store up to 60 sheets of paper and is heavy-duty enough to use for hanging boxes, folders, envelopes, and job jackets (hanger capacities depend on the weight, type of material and sheet thickness).
Our aluminum hangers come in 5 different sizes, 18″, 24″, 30″, 36″, and 48″. Purchase hangers in bulk for discounts on their prices. With extender posts which we also stock, you can increase the capacity of a hanger to hold up to 90 -100 sheets.
These hangers are made from high-density linear polyethylene. Reusable and designed for more regular use, they are about one-third the price of our aluminum hangers and many common clamps available in the market. Since they are not as heavy as aluminum hangers, they are ideal for transporting your blueprints and files.
One poly hanger can hold up to 50 sheets of paper and can also be used for folders, envelopes and job jackets. They are available in two color variants, white for the light-duty version, and blue for the heavy-duty version. We offer six different sizes, 11″, 12″, 18″, 24″, 30″, and 36″.
Often, the reason for clutter is the fear of forgetting where important documents are placed, or not having them on hand when they are needed. Job jackets are the solution.
These large, transparent folders are used to store and organize essential documents related to a given project such as quotes, invoices, and prints. They are 100% reusable. We supply 4 types:
- Our standard paper tag jackets are heavy 12-pt tag jackets that are ideal for production control and storing mechanical print files. They come in five standard sizes: 14″ x 12″, 14″ x 20″, 17.5″ x 23.5″, 24″ x 20″, and 24″ x 30″.
- Side Open Vinyl Jackets are made from quality translucent material. They are perfect for storing documents that will be handled constantly. They have perforations at one side and an opening and at the other to transfer them effortlessly into file folders, binders, and organizers. They come in three standard sizes: 10.5″ x 14.25″, 14.5″ x 15″ and 16″ x 18″.
- Sticky Back Pockets have a permanent self-adhesive material that allows them to stick to most surfaces like binders, folders, and storage units. Use them for documents prone to getting misplaced. They come in two standard sizes: 13″ x 10.5″ and 4″ x 6″
- Top Open Vinyl Storage Jackets are sturdy jackets with 100% clear visibility and a non-slip surface, perfect for marketing plans and production schedules. They have side perforations to transfer easily to binders and other organizers. They come in four different sizes: 14″ x 10″, 14″ x 20″ (double pocket), 17.5″ x 23.5″ and 24″ x 30″.
Clip-on label holders / Index tabs
Labels on cabinets, job jackets, rack sections, work areas, and almost everything, save workers time and frustration. It also reduces the number of interruptions caused by questions about the locations of items.
We offer index tabs and label holders which are easy to identify from afar:
- Lip on label holders are 1″H x 3″L plastic clip-ons in a variety of colors
- CT-2 Index Tabs 2″ (100ct.) are white Mylar index tabs with a round design and won’t catch on clothing.
- CT-2 Labels 2″ Round (1 roll 250 count) are colored labels available in red, pink, orange, green, blue and white.
Use casters to transform standing racks and tables into movable ones for easy transportation and a flexible work environment. We supply casters made with study base plates and hardware, in sets of four, consisting of 2 swivel and 2 swivel/brakes.
Why Organized Paperwork Matters
In industries where blueprints are required for product or service fulfillment, contending with the vast amounts of paper generated inevitably becomes a problem that growing businesses face.
An efficient storage system that does not hinder the business operations is therefore critical to remain competitive. Organized paperwork is more than visually appealing, it also reduces overwhelm and stress triggers which impact the well-being of employees.
Sufficient storage space, especially for larger documents, is the major obstacle to getting organized since office real estate can be expensive. Thankfully, Big Blueprint Hanger’s innovative storage systems put space-saving with full accessibility at the forefront. Our solutions combine storage with usability for a thriving and functional office set up. We can customize job jackets to fit any size of document at a reasonable cost. We aim to save you time, money, and space.